Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trying to source a Celestron c11 SCT rear cell thread adaptor to fit a SCT focuser Meade threaded

Evening SGL

I have a lovely Moonlite SCT focuser from a Meade LX200 and I would like to use it with a Celestron 11" SCT. The moonlite uses a 3.25" Meade SCT thread so it won't screw on to the Celestron 3.29" rear cell adaptor directly.

If I remove the 3.29" thread adaptor from the C11 it reveals a 2" 24 TPI thread . I wondered if anyone knows of a (meade) 3.25" to 2" thread adaptor that I could replace the celestron 2" to 3.29" thread adaptor with so I can fit the moonlite focuser. I haven't so far been able to find anything online.

A couple of photos to show the 3.29" adaptor fitted to the 2" rear thread and the moonlite focuser I'm trying to fit. 67ABDFD1-8290-40F6-A904-56EDF3951A30_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.bad7526f1cfcdd6231cf809c56d5b31d.jpeg6B7A2F9E-A076-4040-8237-DED29E994F06_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.370f2990cd2fa4061cd71a27dd172e13.jpeg

Any help much appreciated!

Paul

Edited by Sponcom

Thanks for the advice. I managed to find a replacement ex demo celestron format upper and lower flange from RVO. My existing flange is a one piece unit that bolts directly to the CS focuser meaning it can't be rotated easily. The replacement has a seperate upper and lower flange allowing for rotation which is useful as I intend to  defork the OTA in the near future and also will make it easy for me to just change the lower flange if I  ever need to fit it to another scope.

received today and the celestron standard moonlite CS flange does not fit either. It's 3.25" and not 3.27" so fits my meade lx200 but not my celestron C11.  A bit stumped. Did Celestron change from their 3.25" which was actually3.27" to the meade 'standard' 3.25" somewhere down the line?

SOLVED: Just to update in case of any use to other astronomers searching the internet with a similar issue. I have found that Meade used 3.27" and a slightly finer thread and Celestron a 3.29" thread. Both called them 3.25" threads but they are not the same. Celestron being bigger will likely fit the meade but meade will not fit celestron.

Thank you @Plantins for the mental nudge to consider a new adapter, it solved the problem.

I will also like to mention Rother Valley Optics were very helpful and rectified the problem by sending out the correct lower flange.

Edited by Sponcom
  • Like 1