Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Full house - doubles, clusters, nebulae and galaxies!

Ags

I started with a quick tour of some globulars - M3, M53, M13 and M92. The difference in brightness between them is remarkable.

Lyra was rising, so paid my first visit of the year to Epsilon Lyrae, at 60x and 66 mm aperture I couldn't quite split the pairs, although each was clearly elongated.

Zoomed out at 30x with the Speers-WALER 13.4, Epsilon and Zeta just about fitted in the view with Vega, always an enjoyable sight.

Beta Lyra looked strongly colored, yellow and blue which I don't recall noting before.

The Ring Nebula looked more like a solid disk, but despite Charles Messier's claims to the contrary, it looks nothing like a comet. 😆

M81 and M82 made a nice pairing in the Speers-WALER, albeit rather faint.

I was deliberately using the Speers-WALER a lot tonight because I keep thinking about selling it. Not sure why I want to replace it... the image is excellent, and the view is very comfortable with no blackouts. 

• Like 14