Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AstroLandscapes #38 - Orion over Happisburgh lighthouse

A week ago I had an exciting confluence of forecast clear skies, a new moon, a Friday night and no early start on the Saturday for kids' activities etc.  So I headed a couple of hours up the road to the Norfolk coast to a location I'd only ever seen on photographs but which I was desperate to get to - the very lovely Happisburgh lighthouse - and spent the whole night there.  The strong wind and occasional snow flurry took me a little by surprise, and it was bitter, but I had one of the most enjoyable nights of astro I've ever had, finally arriving home at 7am.

Here's my first shot from the evening.  I'd worried that the clouds were going to ruin the view, but in this case I think they've enhanced it nicely.

image.thumb.jpeg.c51144af3bd6200e4e289aa091e2f6cc.jpeg

📷 Canon 6D with Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens at f/1.8
🔧 6x 6s exposures at ISO6400 (sky) and 2x 20s (one at ISO6400 and one at ISO3200) (foreground).  Kase Starglow filter used for sky.
🎞 Sky stacked in Sequator.  Edited in LR and PS.

• Like 5