Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Time lapse trip to Knabs Ridge wind farm near Harrogate

On Friday March 25th I cycled up to Knabs Ridge wind farm on my ICE Adventure HD recumbent trike and Benpacker trailer (now my mode of transport for l my overnight time lase shoots) to shoot a night sky time lapse using the wind turbines as a foreground focal point. It is a long uphill drag all the way which was more noticeable towing a fully loaded trailer. I shot several time lapse sequences with my Sony A7iii and A7Sii cameras with Samyang 12mm f2.8 fisheye and 24mm f1.4 lenses and also a 360 degree time lapse with my Insta360 One X2 before heading back home the following morning. I had to set up in a lay by outside the farm as the only means of access was via a "quadruple padlocked" gate. Although there was frequent traffic on the road directly behind me it didn't cause any problems with lights. The clip at the link below is in full 4k, the actual night sky time lapse starts at 43seconds. I have also enclosed a single frame still from one of the sequences and a 360 degree star trail image taken with the Insta360 One3 X2

Insta360startrail_2022-03-29_11-48-05_screenshot.jpg

wind farm image.jpg

Edited by GordonH
  • Like 6