NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

La Palma session 3

Ags

17 minutes ago, Greymouser said:

Just one question: If you end up moving out there, have a home with a garden, would you mind if I came out there with my tent and camped in your garden?

You'd be surprised how cheap the holiday cottages are to rent here!

Edited by Ags

24 minutes ago, Ags said:

You'd be surprised how cheap the holiday cottages are to rent here!

Oh, I don't doubt it! Don't worry, I was only joking about camping in your potential future garden, there are plenty of other softer options. Not that my situation will allow such travel any time soon. :smiley:

As an aside, there was a fella on another forum, who lives on La Palma, whose home was only about 150 metres from the first volcano vent! He was home and ready to grab and go at the time, but picked up the wrong hard drive, so lost a lot of work, but at least he had home insurance, which many of his neighbours didn't. Reading between the lines, it was very scary and may have entailed a change of trousers soon after!  :grin:
He is, ( or at least was, ) an astro imager too and lost a lot of equipment. I don't think he uses this forum, will have to ask if he reappears on the other forum. He is very busy sorting out a new home though, which he said that demand far out stripped supply.

Edited by Greymouser
  • Like 1

That's true, a lot of homes were destroyed. I can't imagine a violent volcano like that opening up a stone's throw away.

The weather is not looking good for the rest of the stay. Some stars showing tonight so fingers crossed!

The 9 and 20 mm plossls have performed well on this trip, but if I had thought more carefully before travelling, I  think I  might have packed my Speers WALER 13.4 and 4.9 mm eyepieces. They are cheap and good, but a little fragile (have you ever had to collimate an eyepiece?).

• Like 1