Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5 users !!!

beamish

Is there anyone out there using the new HDCap & 5 drivers ? If so can you make or tail of the installation instructions?

I understand this new capture s/w eliminates the frequency of the banding that can occur at higher frame rates due to the "rolling shutter"(currently this is only a mild irritant rather than a problem). My membership of the qhyccd.com forum seems to have lapsed and so far not getting any response re re-registering, so if you have any ideas ........

Would be nice to squeeze the fastest frame-rates from this nifty cam.

ta, Karlo

Karlo, installed HDCAP V1.0 Beta and cannot get HDCAP2.exe to run, there is a thread on the QHYCCD.com forum here " http://qhyccd.com/ccdbbs/index.php?PHPSESSID=6b9f8bad5fe74833e899d5baa92d0da2&topic=282.0;prev_next=prev " which says the software only works with original QHY drivers (VID PID 1618:0901).

Not sure how you determine the VID PID but nothing in the driver details of my version states the number above so that may be the reason it will not run.

Brendan

In this topic, were i was asking about what drivers i needed for my qhy 5 Tom explained how you can see youre QHY 5 its VID PID

http://qhyccd.com/ccdbbs/index.php?PHPSESSID=fe4cfb2363258cc2194795cf11e38642&topic=1326.0

regards erwin

Karlo, installed HDCAP V1.0 Beta and cannot get HDCAP2.exe to run, there is a thread on the QHYCCD.com forum here " http://qhyccd.com/ccdbbs/index.php?PHPSESSID=6b9f8bad5fe74833e899d5baa92d0da2&topic=282.0;prev_next=prev " which says the software only works with original QHY drivers (VID PID 1618:0901).

Not sure how you determine the VID PID but nothing in the driver details of my version states the number above so that may be the reason it will not run.

Brendan

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

Just rec'd my "re registration" this am so will take this up, though not particularly keen on messing with registries and the possibility of losing use of PHD.

But if there is a way of reducing/eliminating the banding at higher frame rates-well it's gotta be worth thinking of. Just ordered a new pair of Crucial RAM to crank up the speed of the lappy.

Karlo

You can get the VID/PID by looking in device manager, double click on the device in question in device manager, click on the details tab and under 'Device Instance ID' or 'Hardware IDs' it should show the vid/pid :mad:

Very useful method for finding out what that pesky unknown device is when installing an operatiing system. can also be used to fool drivers into installing for 'generic' chipset devices too although your mileage may vary on that :)

Archived