Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

La Hire Lava Flows

scarp15

Quite captivating session tonight, immediately drawn towards peering down within the depths of Copernicus and regaining familiarity with those classic features on display. Northwards to Mare Imbrium and the crisp dark pairing of Le Verrier and Helicon, just above, a stark protrusion, hint of the Jura Mountains, as yet overlapping the terminator. South to Mare Nubium to locate the Straight wall. Still some good contrast to be had within the Apennine Mountains. Hoping to cleanly capture the Hortensius Domes, but they were yet just on the cusp. Later on I focused on the La Hire Lava Flows. Using my TV-85 at 171X, fairly certain I could make out two, each either side of Mt. La Hire and just below the Zirkel Ridge, several as I understand, perhaps with larger aperture can be detected. Missed a couple of good nights recently, great to be outside and with the Moon commanding a high elevation.  

• Like 4