Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pixinsight - how can I create an icon for a script?

Let me preface this by saying that I know SGL is not a Pixinsight support forum, but I have tried to register for the PI forum and cannot yet post to it, so I am turning to you guys instead. But if mods feel this thread is inappropriate, please just delete it.

I'm creating a project for a specific set of actions in PI (composed of some processes and some scripts). I'd like to be able to store an icon for each step on the right hand side so I know what order to do everything in and to be able to preserve the settings for each step. It's easy to create an icon from processes (by dragging the triangle to the desktop). This can be done with some scripts too. But not all the scripts have a little triangle in the corner (for example, EZ Denoise). So how can I create an icon for those?

Thanks

Capture.JPG

Edited by StuartT
  • Like 1

Not sure if this works for all Scripts that you cannot normally iconize but one example I have found is DarkStructureEnhance in Utilities.
Capture.JPG.e5a8a90ae01ca3a09e161afbb13fc0f7.JPG

You cannot drag the corner of this to make a process icon you just have to run it on an image by clicking on OK.
So run it on the image you want to use it on.
Capture2.JPG.d763070477e443c36eee23d271dc3ffd.JPG

Then open up a ProcessContainer from the processes menu and also open up the history for that image.
Capture3.thumb.JPG.e98a7748c8f7793599ec4282474e29d4.JPG

Then drag the instance of the script from the image history and drop onto the process container.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f9d30bab43fafedb26c18d3453edb24a.jpg

You can then drag the bottom left corner of that process container onto the desktop to make an icon and rename it as you would normally.
Untitled2.png.5188ed81b4536d06b74fa415b9e79e3d.png

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

@StuartT Do you have some particular scripts in mind that you have not been able to iconise ?

Steve

EZ denoise

1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Not sure if this works for all Scripts that you cannot normally iconize but one example I have found is DarkStructureEnhance in Utilities.

Steve

Great! Thanks Steve. I have only been using PI a few days, so haven't got to grips with much of it yet. But I found this video super useful and I managed to get it to work perfectly!

• Like 1

That one is not so easy but can do something similar.
EZDenoise runs TGVDenoise and MLT using masks so you can open the history of the image as described and if you drag both instances of TGVDenoise and MLT over in the correct order it will also drag the masks but if you wanted the masks as well you would have to save instances of those seperately.

22222.thumb.jpg.97d3ad5f1892c6731cc6566c0d513de3.jpg

Seems like you are taking to PI very well and getting to grips with it a lot easier than many do 🙂 

Steve

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Seems like you are taking to PI very well and getting to grips with it a lot easier than many do 🙂 

Steve

thank you. So far I am just following steps from other people, but it's giving me a sense of how things work, for sure. I've been going back over some old stacked images and re-processing them. For example, https://www.astrobin.com/wm7bzk/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

That one is not so easy but can do something similar.
EZDenoise runs TGVDenoise and MLT using masks so you can open the history of the image as described and if you drag both instances of TGVDenoise and MLT over in the correct order it will also drag the masks but if you wanted the masks as well you would have to save instances of those seperately.

22222.thumb.jpg.97d3ad5f1892c6731cc6566c0d513de3.jpg

Steve

Ok, just tried it out and it worked! Thanks 🙂

Edited by StuartT
  • Like 1