Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advice for experience with optical fungus.

So back in June 2021 I discovered optical fungus inside my OTA, and because I had no idea how to disassemble it, I had to leave it like that. But the other day my dad learned how to disassemble it and cleaned it interior and exterior of the scope. But now my concern is that how much damage is done from this?

Here is a picture of it before cleaning.

9b85a6d7f7299d5c384499d628eb488c.png

Why do you think there is damage?

I cleaned mine recently. Optical alcohol didn't touch the mould but a solution of water, a few drops of lemon juice or vinegar and a drop of detergent shifted it right away. I followed up with a wash with alcohol and it's squeaky and dust free  clean .

2 hours ago, skybadger said:

Why do you think there is damage?

I cleaned mine recently. Optical alcohol didn't touch the mould but a solution of water, a few drops of lemon juice or vinegar and a drop of detergent shifted it right away. I followed up with a wash with alcohol and it's squeaky and dust free  clean .

I thought there is damage to the coatings because I heard that if you leave optical fungus for a long time, then it will take damage.