130P-DS focuser parts - what do I need?

I bought a second hand 130pds and it came with the basic 2" fitting (whatever the name is) on the focuser:

foc.jpg.fcab584f59cb0ca33397b926fcd76361.jpg

I've not got the original 1.25" adapter so don't have the T-mount fitting that is part of it (if I've understood correctly). But I already have a 2"-T mount adapter I can use to attach my camera. I'm going to get a 2"-1.25" adapter so I can use a couple of cheaper 1.25" eyepieces for locating objects &c (no original 2" 28mm)

What else do I need? Anything? Do I need an extender at this point or does that only become necessary when I pick up a coma corrector?
Hopefully I should have a mount sorted for it in the next couple of days so I thought I'd better start getting other bits together for it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

If my memory serves me right you only need the longer 2" ext when using 2" eyepieces What CC do you have in mind maybe ask @alacant as well conversed with the 130pds for help

Thanks! I've been reading the thread in which @alacant tested four different CCs. I've got it bookmarked - it's really useful.
After that I'll next work on guiding the CG5 I'm hoping to pick up 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, heathenwoods said:

What else do I need?

Hi

We can't tell because we don't know what camera you have nor your budget. I'll assume a Canon dslr. Here are three of the many possible solutions.

1. minimal

Screw the extension into the t ring. 

2. optimal

Screw the cc into the t ring.

3. Many other possibilities depending upon your skill level and budget. Remember the pds is bottom of the range material so you'll need to pull it apart a few times to get the most out of it.

For example: drill and tap a third thumbscrew in the focuser collar, remove part of the protruding focuser barrel... etc... etc...

We would not recommend a pds for visual observing.

Cheers and HTH

Edited by alacant
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi

We can't tell because we don't know what camera you have nor your budget. I'll assume a Canon dslr. Here are three of the many possible solutions.

1. minimal

Screw the extension into the t ring. 

2. optimal

Screw the cc into the t ring.

3. Many other possibilities depending upon your skill level and budget. Remember the pds is bottom of the range material so you'll need to pull it apart a few times to get the most out of it.

For example: drill and tap a third thumbscrew in the focuser collar, remove part of the protruding focuser barrel... etc... etc...

We would not recommend a pds for visual observing.

Cheers and HTH

Very helpful, thanks!
It came to me with the third hole tapped and I think the focuser barrel has been shortened but I can check that when the time comes.

Thanks again for the advice and for the links.