Quick session with SvBony 90mm Achro frac

Mark at Beaufort

Nice clear sky so before the Moon rose I decided to have a quick session with the 90mm frac. I used two diagonals one with a TeleVue Bandmate type 2 and the other with no filter. Two EPs a 24mm ES68 and a SvBony 7-21mm zoom.

Started with M35 and also picked up NGC 2158. Moved down to NGC  2174 (Monkey Head Neb) nicely picked up with TeleVue filter. Over to the Christmas Tree Cluster and then down to NGC 2244 and The Rosette Neb. Again the Neb was clear using the 24mm and TeleVue filter.

Moved down again to M46 and M47. Using the SvBony zoom at the 7mm setting together with the TeleVue filter I was able to pick up the PN NGC2438

Next M1 and I tried both with and without filter and the view was very clear - could not dec ide which was the better view. Dropped down to M42 and then the Globular M79 (I used the SvBony to get extra mag.)

Over to M44 and then M67. Finally ended with M81 and M82 which again was very good using the SvBony zoom.

So a quick session with an inexpensive Achro frac. Again really pleased with the performance of the SvBony zoom.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

That's a really nice report on your observing session Mark, and quite a selection of deep sky targets you managed to bag with your 90mm. I don't know how others feel, but I find reports like your's really encouraging for those with relatively small aperture scopes, proving such instruments are serious kit and not just meant for a quick glance at the Moon or Saturn's rings etc. And also proof that we don't have to live in Hawaii to see deep sky with a nice little refractor. Brilliant! 🏆

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1