NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ngc 2403

wimvb

Ngc 2403 is a liner galaxy in the constellation Camelopardalis. The galaxy has a diameter of about 70 000 light years, making it somewhat smaller than the Milky Way. It is about 10 Million Lightyears distant.

The galaxy is a member of the M81 group of galaxies.

Capture data:

Telescope/camera: Skywatcher 190MN + ZWO ASI294MM-Pro with Optolong LRGB filters and Baader 7 nm Ha filter

• RGB: 220 x 4 minutes exposures
  • L: 270 x 3 minutes exposures
  • Ha: 80 x 4 minutes exposures

Captured 26 January  - 11 February. Total integration time, approximately 2010 minutes (33,5 hours). Processed in PixInsight.

ngc2403_LHaRGB_v1.thumb.jpg.6bb3a9db4b9d21a2ad0eee23b9134870.jpg

I just (20 feb just after midnight) put this version on Astrobin. I added Ha to luminance to get better definition in the Hydrogen clouds, and dialed the blue back a little. To get this image where I wanted it, I had to experiment with LRGB combination, using the channel weights to increase colour.

ngc2403_LHaRGB_v2.1.thumb.jpg.bdb595a1eff855926f573ae4ebee617c.jpg

Edited by wimvb
  • Like 24

3 hours ago, alan potts said:

Lovely shot Sir, not one I have seen done before.

Alan

Thank you,  Alan. There are a few images of this object posted on Astrobin recently. But imo, not many really do this gem justice.

5 hours ago, wimvb said:

Thank you,  Alan. There are a few images of this object posted on Astrobin recently. But imo, not many really do this gem justice.

I see you took it with an M/N 190, I have one sitting in the corner of my observatory which hasn't seen light for about 3 years. Maybe it's time to mount it up the CEM 60 I have should carry it easily enough.

Alan

8 minutes ago, alan potts said:

I see you took it with an M/N 190, I have one sitting in the corner of my observatory which hasn't seen light for about 3 years. Maybe it's time to mount it up the CEM 60 I have should carry it easily enough.

Alan

Go for it. It's a great scope.

• Like 1