Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Aristachus (and with Colour) and Gassendi

jgs001

After patchy clouds and some rain in the afternoon, the sky cleared late last night except for some fast moving stuff, so I grabbed the Skymax and NexStar and had a go at webcam imaging on the moon again.

First up Aristarchus, this is a toughy to get the exposure right, made extra hard by the laptop running in dimmed mode (on battery), I really need to do something about that, as it's making focussing a right pain in the posterior (more than normal I mean :) ).

aristarchus1.jpg

I thought I'd see what it looked like with a saturation stretch too

aristarchus1col.jpg

Then onto Gassendi

gassendi.jpg

Thanks Jamie. That's Aristarchus, and it's amazingly bright. It's blown out completely ... I'm not sure how to expose that properly, it's one of those real tough challenging bits. Wait till you see it and you'll know what I mean.

Apparently that's indeed the case... although at 450 million years old if wikipedia is to be believed, it's a rather relative young :)

Any Lunar experts can give me some hints on how to expose this area to not blow Aristarchus ?

Archived