Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81. First light with my new EQ8R-PRO

jacko61

First light with my new EQ8R-PRO mount. Since it arrived I've been trying to get used to EQMOD and Stellarium haveing previously used a celestron mount with CPWI. This was 2 hours snatched last night. Perfectly clear skies.  Celstron C8, ZWO ASI533MC, UV/IR cut filter.  Guiding in PHD2 with an SVBONY 60mm guidescope and ZWO ASI190mm mini. 

30 x 240 seconds at 102 gain.  Flats and Darks.  Stacked in DSS, faffed with in GIMP.  I'll probably try to add a few more hours to this to get more structure but I'm really happy with the guiding - less than 0.9" total

Graeme

bodes.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, powerlord said:

nice mount. Wilsontown Forth ? I grew up (and parents still live) in Kilncadzow a few miles away.

Give startools a go - I've found it pretty decent with Galaxies.

stu

Small world - drive through Kilncadzow if I'm heading to Carluke (mostly to the tip or to take the grandkids to softplay). Originally a Northumbrian though. We've only been in Scotland 24 years and Wilsontown 6. 

I was advised elsewhere to give NINA a go so I've been watching a bunch of tutorials. Trouble with Wilsontown though - it's almost always cloudy so I'll have forgotten what I learned by the time I get to have another go :) 

Graeme

startools is for processing your images. Nina doesn't do that I don't think ? It's just about control ?

But yeh, I'm the same - I follow some tutorial, get great results. 2 months later, i am getting rubbish results and have totally forgotten I even watched a tutorial on what I am hacking my way through. 🤣