Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astroberry problem when running without HDMI monitor

IDM

Hi,

I have been configuring Astroberry with all my kit indoors and have successfully got my mount and camera working. This has all been done with a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected to the the raspberry pi. I can also watch or make changes to the configuration and control my astro gear using my laptop by logging in to astroberry.local via the wireless network.

The problem I have is that when I boot the raspberry pi up without the HDMI monitor and then log into astroberry remotely using astroberry.local I get a message saying cannot display desktop. Even with this message I can see and change the features on the left hand side panel but cannot see or adjust Kstars or any other astroberry feature. I am sure there must be a simple thing I need to change but cannot find it. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ian

First, make sure that in main menu /Preferences/Raspberry Pi Configuration, you have VNC enabled.

Are using VNC Viewer or a browser to connect? I would recommend VNC Viewer as you will generally get less lag etc.

Try entering the actual IP address of your Astroberry. Some browsers will want the full http://xxx.xxx.x.xx, others are happy with xxx.xxx.x.xx

• Like 2

Hi,

I just changed the screen resolution to 1920x1080 60Hz (which should work with my monitor and now the monitor cannot detect the Pi, but I can log in and control Astroberry wirelessly. So it does now work, it is just annoying not yet finding a setting that will support both. Anyway many thanks for suggesting the change i screen resolution. It does have a bit of lag so will explore the VNC option suggested by astroKeith.

Many thanks for your help.

Ian

I also just downloaded and configured VNC viewer and now everything is working really well. Just need some clear skies to try it out for real!!

Many thanks again

Ian

• Like 2