Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

dazed and super confused

I'm not 100% sure which forum to put this in. so, here's the story. 

i have an Orion 130st, that I've sat on top of a Sirius pro az eq-g. (its a black az eq5 skywatcher basically.) anyway, I have yet to upgrade my scope, as its my first scope. obviously, I've taken basically everyone's advice and got the biggest mount i can afford. i realized too late in this game, that yes visual is fun for certain targets. (m42, planets, maybe dumbell and ring) but things such as cali nebula are impossible (at least in my experience with my scope) i also have a full spectrum modded canon 450d, running on backyard eos.

so here's the rub. 

1) my camera lenses suck. chromatic, and hazy? and or doing super weird things. green blobs. cant get perfect focus, hard gradients. 

2) camera cant be used on current scope.

which then brings me to this circular self conversation I keep having with myself. 

do I fix up the scope to work? do I get a new scope? do I get a new lens? what scope or lens do I get?

I've been eyeballing the cf80ed Orion triplet. then I started eyeing the sv503 102mm. I like the idea of the 102, especially with a reducer. but idk what I need to get the best...… intermediate set up. do I need a triplet, or can I use a doublet. things of that nature. what accessories do I need/ obviously id need uv/ir cut, and I have one that's 1.25". 

I've done a lot of looking and don't seem to be googling the correct questions. any help please?

11 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

You have the mount and you have a modded camera, so maybe look at a scope? What budget do you have? 

yes. i mean, cheaper the better. id prefer to be 5-700. id go a little higher if i needed to. 

im viewing this as most everything. when painting a car, or welding prep work is like 50-90% of the whole outcome. why should i learn to remove tons of problems with my stack, when i can learn to remove a little, and spend less time doing it with a better outcome. follow me?