Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen GP mount RA drive clutch issues - slippage.

Telescope40

Hello.  I have a GP mount with drives to both axes. Having a spot of bother with the RA drive and the clutch. Once tightened it quite happily works itself loose after a few minutes. Do my best to tighten using just my hands but am becoming tempted to use a small pair of grips to assist me. Rather wary of this method as I may overdo things and strip something / bust up the drive for good. The Dec clutch seems happy to run for me but not the RA.  Thinking it's under more load than the dec axis ???  

Any owners out there , past and present, run across this situation and have you been able to overcome the problem with a dodge, workaround etc. I had thort of a small circular piece of rubber ( same size as clutch diameter ) to help with gripping the drive. Not tried as yet.  

I've looked on the forum but not found a thread or info so far.  I've added a couple of photos that show the drive and clutch. 

Thanks in advance    John 

D9E954CA-05C3-4F21-B63F-B696DFB74066.jpeg

B5C06E91-B579-494A-BE4F-105591009D8E.jpeg

Edited by Telescope40
Adding photos

1 hour ago, robbymain said:

Hi John,

I haven't had this issue occur to mine I'm afraid. Have you tried degreasing the mating surfaces with a suitable solvent?

Cheers,

Rob

Rob. Nope. Not tried but I will now. Thanks for the reply. 

Regards.  John