Rosette (QHY8 + 350D data)

Tim

By way of experiment I tried combining the data on the Rosette I had captured with a WO72+DSLR last year with that from my GSO + QHY8, and also a little bit from the 6" Astrograph Newt + DSLR.

It was interesting to see that apart from being generally smoother, the darker small clouds in the image start to have form and substance, becoming more 3D like. So far I have only bothered to combine already processed images, If I get time I may do the unprocessed tiffs and FITs.

The worse thing about going over old data, is that you then realise all the things that could have been done so much better with the knowledge gained since first processing them. At this rate I have enough old images to keep me going for several years........

At any rate, here's the Rosette, I reckon its now around 3 - 4 hours total exposure.

Thanks for looking.

TJ

Here's the album link; http://stargazerslounge.com/picture.php?albumid=103&pictureid=1096

post-14037-133877358575_thumb.jpg

Archived