Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron 60 az with point and shoot.

RemcoDutch

Hello everyone! 

This is my first time posting here and tomorrow will be picking up my first telescope ( https://www.celestron.com/products/powerseeker-60az-telescope ).
Have been able to buy it 2nd hand for only €50, also ordered a adaptor for my Olympus TG-6. The TG6 is my underwater camera.( https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07F7W65T6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ).

After scouring the internet, I found a Canon 450D for €100 and a Canon 500D for €150 or a Canon 1100D for €150. (T-ring and Barlow adapter? are about €30 euro from amazon it seems).
It it worth investing in one of the Canons? If so which one in your opinions (I would possible modify them myself, taking the filters off)
(I grew to love nature photography after buying the TG6 so not sure if I want to modify any camera though).

I am hoping to do a mix of DSO / Planets. And if I like my new hobby would possibly have €500 to upgrade to another scope, so would any of these camera's be worths the long run?

Any DSO imaging with that scope is going to be "challenging". You need a driven mount for long exposures. I suggest that you use the "Resources" at the top of the page and work out what your FOV is going to be like with the scope (I could only find a Powerseeker 70 but that's near enough) and various cameras. I suggest using Jupiter as your target - I think that you may be quite disappointed. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Don't buy anything yet.

Edited by PeterCPC
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for pointing me to the FOV tool.
There is not really any bad news to bear for the price I am paying!

For €50 I am not expecting anything special!
Will keep checking in here regularly, sure there will be plenty of questions coming, lol.