IC 443

astro mick

Hi the Jellyfish in Gemini.

This is my first image with my new(well third hand Atik 460ex)Bought on ABS,very nice indeed.

Just not into cmos at the mo,although everything seems to be gearing up for these cameras.Dont know why,no amp glow with ccd.

So i put it to use on a couple of recent nights on the above Nebulae.

Its a narrowband image using Ha and O111.

I took about 2.5hrs amid the constant clouds that were passing through,guide star pinging constantly.(Frustration)

So about 2-3hrs on two seperate nights.

Fully calibrated.

See what you think.

Mick.

The Jellyfish A.png

Edited by astro mick
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, woldsman said:

Great to see you earlier. What a fabulous image, especially given the challenging viewing conditions of late.

Hi Simon.

Have,nt given up on the camera.I think its one or two things.The files were corrupted by downloading to the original USB stick,or something on your PC did,nt like it.Personally i think its the first one.Have now downloaded fresh drivers onto to a different USB.

I,m trying to get an old PC up and running to test,but it has,nt been used for a while.

I will keep you posted because i feel bad about selling you something we cant get working

I dont give up easily.

Nice to see you both as well.

I,ll be in touch.

Mick.,

2 hours ago, newbie alert said:

The 460 is a very versatile camera.. I use mine with my esprit 80 and my 8 inch sct...

You will very much enjoy using it.. awesome camera 

Totally agree,looking forward to more clear skies.☹️

Thanks for that.

• Like 1