Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

celestron asgt power switch issue

jacko61

All set up last night to do some imaging - first clear night for ages!  Got everything lined up, polemaster working perfectly, focuser connected to APT fine etc.  Started the Alignment routine in CPWI and the mount lost power as soon as the slew started. Tried a few more times but got the same results s I gave up and did some googling instead.  The consensus pointed at a dodgy switch so I went out this morning and soldered a small jumper cable across the switch contacts so it's always on.  This seems to have fixed the power issue.  HOWEVER, when I switch the mount on at the plug now, as soon as the handset has finished it's initial checks the mount slews about 10 degrees. If I then move it back to the start position it seems to go through the alignment routine ok.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this 'startup slew' when they've fixed the on/off switch problem.

Graeme  

10 hours ago, michael8554 said:

I'd suggest that when you lost power some part of the Home Alignment got corrupted.

Michael

Hmm. I did a factory reset of the handset this evening and it still does the 10 degree slew straight after switching on. However, if I then go into the utiities menu I can tell it to goto Home and it slews back to the alignment marks. Very strange. but I'm not going to worry about it till it blows up completely (and by then I should have an EQ6-R pro to play with). 

Graeme