NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Nexstar 6SE and Nexstar 6SLT

Hi Guys

I have a few questions about the above.

Everyone says, or most, that the SLT mount is cheap and wobbly as opposed to the solid construction of the SE.  But forgetting the mounts for a minute are the optics any different?  Is the SE also visually better than the SLT and overall a better scope?  Or does the large price difference just reflect the mount?

The SLT at that price is so tempting, and I'm curious in general as most only talk of the SLT's crummy mount but not about the actual scope itself, it seems like the SLT really gets a rough deal especially if  there isnt much difference, maybe the wobbly mount could be modified? Then you have a great 6' Goto at £400 less than the SE. 

Edited by steve wiz

There seems to be no difference between the C6 OTAs supplied with various mounts (except maybe the colour).   I have the SLT mount, so can confirm most of the rude things written about it. 🙂

I have seen some of the C6 SLT deals - they are best read as "Good price for great OTA + a free mount you can use till you get a proper mount, and then use the SLT mount for something else."

• Like 1

I have been told by retailers there's no difference except for color. The C6 SLT is a relatively good price, shame the mount is a waste. I use my C6 (AstroFi version purchased as OTA only) with an AZ GTi.

Edited by Ags
  • Like 1