Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42

turbotim

Shot with Canon eos t100. About 5 1min exposures with 3 darks, iso 1600.  Done by putting The north star through mount without polar scope! I will be ordering polar scope soon, i think it will help lol.  Processed with Raw therapy. Hey i am very happy but i do need to fiqure out how to get rid of and where those smudges/black dot came from i just cleaned telescope lens before shot. But maybe a dust partical fell on it or i missed one.  I dont think its on cameras sensor!

Autosave002-1.jpg

Edited by turbotim
  • Like 1

What gear did you use besides a canon camera? The dust mote seems small, so should be close to the sensor.

While Raw Therapee is a very handy tool for editing single images, I wouldn't use it to process stacked images. Use DSS and The GIMP instead, or invest in a dedicated astro image processing application.

On 20/11/2021 at 03:14, wimvb said:

What gear did you use besides a canon camera? The dust mote seems small, so should be close to the sensor.

While Raw Therapee is a very handy tool for editing single images, I wouldn't use it to process stacked images. Use DSS and The GIMP instead, or invest in a dedicated astro image processing application.

Hey u were exactly right! It was right on the cameras sensor! thank u for your help it is much appreciated wimvb!