NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt at Rosette with Full Moon, L-eNhance, 294MC Pro & WO Star71

oymd

Hi everyone

Its a full moon these nights, but yesterday I had the first clear night in almost a week, sort of.

I had a few hours where the clouds broke, so thought I would give the L-eNhance a go at the full moon.

I processed this with the fake Hubble palette.

WO Star 71 5 element apo - ASI294MC Pro - LeNhance - 44 180s subs (2 hours) - Ds - Fs & DFs.

Obviously will need much more integration time to control the noise better, but I guess its alright?

:)

Ossi

Rosette_SHO.png

• Like 10

Personally I think it is more than "alright" - I think it is really very good.

I am really interested to see what can be achieved with the L-Enhance and 294MC as I have the 294 and so far have only used it in a very limited sense for RGB.

One comment I would make (and this is purely a personal thing) is that on my screen there is a bit of a magenta cast to the colour which can be removed by inverting and removing green.

I quite understand some people like to see magenta in an image - that's the great thing about NB imaging - lots of different interpretations.

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian

Rosette_SHO.tif

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Coco said:

Ive been out of the imaging scene for five years and my goodness astro kit has come on .  Great image!

1 hour ago, Adreneline said:

I am really interested to see what can be achieved with the L-Enhance and 294MC as I have the 294 and so far have only used it in a very limited sense for RGB.

One comment I would make (and this is purely a personal thing) is that on my screen there is a bit of a magenta cast to the colour which can be removed by inverting and removing green.

I quite understand some people like to see magenta in an image - that's the great thing about NB imaging - lots of different interpretations.

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian

Rosette_SHO.tif 26.7 MB · 1 download

Many thanks!

Glad you like it!!

Yes, I know the trick. Invert, do SCNR Green, Invert back.

PixInsight now has a process that does it in one click: SCRIPT ---> UTILITIES ---> CORRECTMAGENTASTARS

1 hour ago, Adreneline said:

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian

Rosette_SHO.tif 26.7 MB · 2 downloads

and here is the script applied:

SCRIPT ---> UTILITIES ---> CORRECTMAGENTASTARS

Rosette_SHO REDUCE MAGENTA.png

• Like 4