Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Power supply

Hi all,

I want to run dew heater straps on my 10” mirror, secondary mirror, 50mm finder, ep and telrad. I have a 7AH power supply but assume I will need more power to run for full night observing?

Thanks

Bish

Just how much energy you need depends on the viewing conditions. some nights you can leave the power off.
The best way to establish the requirement is to put an ammeter in the line from the power supply to the dew controller. Leaving the power setting where they usually are for a 'typical' night.
Yes it will dance around a bit as channels turn on/off, but will give a bit of an indication.
A moving coil meter is better than digital in this respect.

I think you will find 7Ah is on the small side for a serious session when dew straps are required.

HTH, David.

Thanks David. Most of the time (at home) I won’t use it,  but have been caught at dark sites with  everything dewing over very quickly. Just for extreme conditions when there is a lot of moisture. Thanks