ASI294MC users please help!

scitmon

I used this expression  "_2021_11_01_19_16_43__14_80_120_00s_0001 - 0.025"  in Pixelmath..   I decided on 0.025 by hovering the mouse over the dark, the K value was around 0.0294 (odd coincidence)   then again over the light where the min K value was 0.004..  I also added a Pedastal in calibration to ensure that there was no black clipping I used the maximum that Pixinsight will allow which is 1000.

You could try the following test at any time. Just set off a run to take 25 darks then 25 lights at the same gain offset temp and exposure but keep the lens cap on for both.  Try it with the Native Driver and Ascom Driver and see if the same issue arises with either driver.   Let us know how you get on..  

Happy to help, modified Dark attached

Dave

2021-11-01_19-16-43__-14.80_120.00s_0001_minuspt025.fits

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scitmon said:

Certainly worth a try, I thought I read somewhere that native should always be used above ASCOM... shame I have to wait for the next clear skies to try it out.

Definitively try using ASCOM.

I've used native at some point and found inconsistencies with offsets and things like that - that is why I asked about used driver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, I have done 30 darks and 30 "lights" (with lens cap on), same settings as before but with the ASCOM drivers. 

Both sets of images have a k value of around 0.0295 like the darks had with the native drivers.  So whatever happened on the night I took the lights will probably remain a mystery, and hopefully won't happen again.  

Here is the stack of the 30 calibrated "lights" with a STF:

integration.thumb.jpg.7c08bde36acbea4b99929a5ab0df3389.jpg

• Like 1