Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Does anyone know how to get this working?

Here are some photos of a Vixen illuminated guiding adapter (GA)  I came across recently. The GA slots into where the eyepiece normally goes, while the EP slots into one side of the GA. When powered and switched on, the eye piece becomes an illuminated reticle.

One end of the GA screws off. It looks like there is a compartment for batteries, possibly a couple of LR44s. There is however a red wire attached and I have no idea what this does. It looks to me like a piece of improvisation by a previous owner. Further up the illuminated section is a small bore hole where possibly the wire is inserted.

There are several shift screws which I think must move the illuminated cross hairs from the centre of the eyepiece. 

My main query is how to power the illuminator. Has anyone experience using this device? The box component has V GA-2 printed on it. I think there were other versions including the Vixen GA-4.

D799B851-59FA-4A40-97E9-8AF14A7EDD98.jpeg

997D7BA6-6BBC-462D-9C2B-7D0D5C6C0030.jpeg