Amazed

Kimboman

Hi  all day here has been the most super autumn day.

At 6pm I decided to set up my Skywatcher sky max 127 on a Celestron goto mount and as the sun set at about 6pm Jupiter was about 2oclock of the moon and Saturn was just visible above the local trees..

I first set up on Jupiter and wasn't expecting to see much  due to the close proximity of the Moon,but the seeing was amazing with lots of detail and one moon just leaving the limb of Jupiter the banding visible covered more than 70% of the disc.

I then tried to view Saturn but the seeing was bad and the trees didn't help.

The Moon was now much higher and I spent some time viewing all the Moons surfaces and the clarity was great

my final view was of Jupiter and it was still amazing with great detail then at about 9 15pm the clouds rolled in so that was that truly amazing and its starting to get nippy.

• Like 7

Good for you, I sense your delight😊.

I got my scope out at 10.10 pm and got precisely 7 minutes viewing before the clouds rolled in...🙄..story of my observing life lately!

Never mind, there will be other nights soon, hopefully..

Glad you got some great views though👍

Dave 

• Like 1