NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Probs with a Revelation 12" Focuser.

Hello to all - just got a Revelation 12" dob, got problems with the focuser - using Meade Plossl's and focusing to the focal point - after a little while when not touching the focuser it decides to slip back all the way in, tried adjusting the locking screws which are positioned at 6 o'clock on the outer barrel, but still the same - the eps are 1.25, using the adaptor on the 2" focuser - would have thought that the eps are not too heavy as the focuser will take 2" ep's any help please Many thanks Paul.:blob8::lol::icon_scratch:

There is a small grub screw in between the 2 screws you mention - it needs a hex key to operate and you can adjust the tension on the focusser spindle with it. It's quite sensitive so you need to experiment with it.

John

Hi John, Many thanks - couldn't find a grub screw between the 2 tensioner knurled screws, so I stripped the focuser down and I think I've sorted it now - it feels much tighter than it was and tried with an ep - cloudy here in the midlands tonight might stay up a little late to see if I can see Lulin near Saturn - lets hope for clear skies Many Thanks again John - take care kind regards Paul. :lol:

....couldn't find a grub screw between the 2 tensioner knurled screws

Ooops - sorry about that - I thought the Revelation focussers were the same as Meade Lightbridge focussers - obviously not !.

John

Hi John/Ed, thanks for the replies think its sorted now stripped the focuser down and re - aligned the plastic spacers on the shaft and also the square plastic seat on the shaft - re - assembled, holding pressure on the plastic spacers against the tube and re - tightened the grub screw on the focuser wheel. The outer knurled tensioning screws now feel much more responsive, and yes Ed - the countersunk screws on the underside of the shaft now let me adjust more positively - many thanks guys take care kind regards Paul.

Archived