Cygnus and Sadr area

Phillyo

Over the last few weeks and due to the terrible weather, I had only managed to get about 6 hours or so of data on this area. However it was clear again last night, with little to no moon so I managed to add some more data to give me a total of around 12h and 10min broken up into 80 x 5min and 110 x 3min exposures. Captured using the ASIAir Pro, ASI533MC Pro, Samyang 135mm stopped down to about f/3.5, EQ6-R Pro through the IDAS NBX filter. Guiding was done via the 120mm mini.

There is a LOT of dusty nebula up there and I'm really tempted to try and add more panes to this to make a mosaic? We shall what the weather allows! Thanks for looking.

Cygnus_redone.jpg

starless_updated.jpg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Phillyo said:

The more I look at this, the more I regret uploading it. You could tell I was tired when I edited it. Methinks I shall have another shot at this and tone down the colours/saturation by about 300%. 

Appreciate you don't like that version any more, but I say keep uploading anyway - it was a stage you were at. I'm now interested to see you do a different version 👍 

• Like 2

On 29/09/2021 at 13:00, Phillyo said:

The more I look at this, the more I regret uploading it. You could tell I was tired when I edited it. Methinks I shall have another shot at this and tone down the colours/saturation by about 300%. 

I quite like it, it's very striking and dramatic. And, let's be honest, with narrowband imaging, you can get away with being a bit more 'artistic' when it comes to colours. 😁

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Lazy Astronomer said:

I quite like it, it's very striking and dramatic. And, let's be honest, with narrowband imaging, you can get away with being a bit more 'artistic' when it comes to colours. 😁

Thank you!

On 29/09/2021 at 13:38, adyj1 said:

Appreciate you don't like that version any more, but I say keep uploading anyway - it was a stage you were at. I'm now interested to see you do a different version 👍 

Working on it :)