Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SV205 question

Starslayer

So I have my camera and I have my windows laptop. Clear sky last night so captured some Jupiter. Ok so far. ( I weill not bore with my first attempts at stacking etc ). Now, being a full moon I directed my attention there.  With my 6"sct , 40mm plossl and 6.3 reducer I am good to go to get the whole moon in view but as soon as I pop the camera in I am zoomed right in so I cannot get the whole thing in view. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a tweak to this? It is like the camera is acting like a 10mm ep or something similar. Planning to try again with the Startravel 102 instead but I can normally get the whole moon with the 6" no problem.

Thanks guys.

Edit - just read somewhere that the SDV205 acts like a 5mm ep..  Maybe therein lies my answer.

Edited by Starslayer

Your not doing anything wrong, the "zoomed in" image you see is what the sensor picks up of the image plane.

A smaller sensor will pick up less of the image plane and so show a zoomed in representation of what you see through the eye piece, a larger sensor will show a less zoomed in image.

Others on the forum can no doubt explain this in more detail.

The star travel will give you a slightly wider FoV as its focal length is less than even your reduced 6" SCT, probably not the entire moon though.