Skywatcher PDS vs other brands

When I compare the Skywatcher PDS newtons to other brands versions, like the TS-Optics Photon series I don't see what's really motivating the higher price for the Skywatcher. They include some eye pieces but is that it? Are they significantly better quality in some way?

Photon series also come with secondary optimized for imaging, but do check type of focuser.

Difference can be due to single / double speed focuser used on particular model. Speed of the mirror also determines price. F/4 primary mirror will often be more expensive than F/5.

Other than that, GSO (TS Optics Photon) based scopes seem to always have slightly lower price than Synta (SkyWatcher) - because Synta was first into the market and was regarded as good by most and GSO needed to compete that reputation with slightly lower price.

Both make good mirrors and there won't be much to choose from in that department (some will even say that GSO makes a bit better mirrors - but I guess that is more anecdotal than verified fact).

• Like 1