Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar spectrum second light , much better today!

Kitsunegari

Changed up the system a bit and measured my TZ3 properly,  eliminated all focuser sag.  Let the TEC cooler sit for 30 mins before imaging.   No active regions for me to focus on to tell if i am on band or not, but i did get some much better surface detail today when the dial was set to 24.

Limb test for prominences

spacer.png

surface test 1 before the tec was cooled.

spacer.png

This is about 10 to 15mins of  cooling with the tec

spacer.png

this is 30 minutes after cooling

spacer.png

Edited by Kitsunegari
  • Like 10

15 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Wow - very impressive! Looks like you’ve got a great filter.

it certainly hits the home-run with prominence captures;  but i think the banding with surface detail is quite bad to my eye;  my modified LS50C etalon is a ton better unfortunately. 

I would rate this etalon a 6 out of 10 for surface detail

I may have to run the etalon itself at F/60 to eliminate that dark stripe, and then use a focal reducer to widen the field a bit at the camera   (a true f//60 via 6x magnification,  not stopping down the objective)   

All the images are taken at f30 with a 3x baader telecentric.

The hard truth is that there really is a "lottery affect" on etalon0;  does not matter who made it.,  Only 1 in 10 people will get an 8 out of 10 quality etalon.     Only 1 in 50 will get a 10 out of 10 etalon.