NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Topaz Labs DeNoise AI

nephilim

Hi,

Does any one have any experience with the above software package? I've heard its pretty good but just looking for a few more opinions.
I've already got PI & PS & i'm really just wanting to know if its worth spending more £££ on this & if it does it any better than the ones I already have.

TIA
Steve

I use it to finish off my images by applying denoise and sharpening, it works great and couldn't be simpler to use. You do have to be careful not to overdo it, if you crank all the dials all the way to the right you get a painting basically.

I think there is a free trial you can use to play around with it and see if you like it or not.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ONIKKINEN said:

I use it to finish off my images by applying denoise and sharpening, it works great and couldn't be simpler to use. You do have to be careful not to overdo it, if you crank all the dials all the way to the right you get a painting basically.

I think there is a free trial you can use to play around with it and see if you like it or not.

@ONIKKINEN Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't see that you could get a free trial. Thanks for the info, I'll certainly give it a go.

Steve

I would say it is worth it, makes a huge difference to noice levels.

A good option it has is preview slider where you can compare the old and denoised image side by side. Done by the "view button" on the top right. It also lets you compare the results of the diffrent algorithms at once as well with the "comparision view".

Here is an example of how it worked on one of my images:

image.thumb.png.7b6582a105a5190b313941d2ed68d4cd.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CloudMagnet said:

I would say it is worth it, makes a huge difference to noice levels.

A good option it has is preview slider where you can compare the old and denoised image side by side. Done by the "view button" on the top right. It also lets you compare the results of the diffrent algorithms at once as well with the "comparision view".

Here is an example of how it worked on one of my images:

image.thumb.png.7b6582a105a5190b313941d2ed68d4cd.png

@CloudMagnetThanks for the example, I think i'm sold, the image on the right shows a massive improvement.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Adreneline said:

I use it with care.

I use the Low Light mode and generally set Enhance Sharpness to zero and Remove Noise to <15.

I also find it works a treat on terrestial photography, again used with care - it is easy to overdo it.

:)

Thanks Adrian, It does look worthwhile having 🙂

• Like 1