NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AstroLandscapes #25 - "Is there anybody out there?” 📡👾

Just outside Cambridge is the Mullard Radio Astronomy Observatory.  I realised the potential of the location earlier this year when I tried to capture some noctilucent clouds behind one of the dishes (3 nights on the trot - failed each time).

I'd managed to establish that there's a footpath that passes near one of the dishes of the One Mile Telescope array that had the potential to give a good angle for the Milky Way in early Autumn.  It's not the best location on the light pollution map, but mercifully the composition points away from Cambridge so there's something to work with. 

So I headed there last night and captured this.

📷 Canon 6D with Samyang 24mm lens at f/2
🔧31x 10s exposures at ISO3200
🎞 Sequator and Lightroom

Hope you enjoy! 😊

1009966670_20210906MWoverMullardRadioTelescope(24mm10sISO3200.thumb.jpg.f7d325b0a8f9c3a222ee55339c68416b.jpg

Edited by FenlandPaul
Title typo
  • Like 14

I bumped into another photographer while I was there (I think I scared the life out of the poor chap).  Had a nice chat and he showed me some stunning images he'd taken from the Dorset coast.  I took this single-frame, light-painted portrait of him as well, which was a bit of fun.

373140505_20210906EmilianwithMilkyWayatMullardRadioDish.thumb.jpg.e3afe1d23ecf03520fc8e9432f8dc357.jpg

• Like 2

• FenlandPaul changed the title to AstroLandscapes #25 - "Is there anybody out there?” 📡👾