Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Widefield over Coniston Lake feat. several DSOs

Last of my spam from my night out in Coniston on 2/9/21. This is a widefield image taken looking East just before Midnight. I have included a labelled and unlabelled version.

Equipment:

- Canon 800d (modified)

- SA pro 2i

- Samyang 14mm f2.8

- Manual intervalometer

Acquisition:

- 1 x 2minute exposure at ISO 1600, f4 tracked for sky and untracked for the foreground.

Widefield image over Coniston Water - Labelled Widefield image over Coniston Water - Unlabelled

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, R1k said:

Last of my spam from my night out in Coniston on 2/9/21. This is a widefield image taken looking East just before Midnight. I have included a labelled and unlabelled version.

Equipment:

- Canon 800d (modified)

- SA pro 2i

- Samyang 14mm f2.8

- Manual intervalometer

Acquisition:

- 1 x 2minute exposure at ISO 1600, f4 tracked for sky and untracked for the foreground.

Widefield image over Coniston Water - Labelled Widefield image over Coniston Water - Unlabelled

Love that, Rik - you can keep that kind of spam coming!

Are you using a fog / starglow filter? The star colours in the brighter stars are sublime and the constellation patterns are beautifully defined. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FenlandPaul said:

Love that, Rik - you can keep that kind of spam coming!

Are you using a fog / starglow filter? The star colours in the brighter stars are sublime and the constellation patterns are beautifully defined. 

Thanks once again. No filter at all, I apply a little glow and saturation boost in my post processing using the Star Spikes Pro plugin in photoshop.

• Like 1