Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Esprit 120 field flattener fitting trouble

Hi all,

Hopefully someone may be able to help me.

I bought an Esprit 120 second hand a few months back and am having trouble attaching the 120 specific field flattener that I purchased recently. 

The scope came to me with a Baader Clicklock but not the original drawtube adapter.

The Baader adaptor that the clicklock screws into won't take the field flattener or any of the adapters that came with the flattener.

The drawtube on the Esprit won't take the flattener or the flattener adapters either.

The manual suggests I need a drawtube adapter which I don't have but these don't seem available to purchase and skywatcher have said it will take many weeks to get hold of. 

The Baader clicklock adapter has M74i to M68i written on it. Is the 'i' significant? If I purchased an M74 to M68 adapter, would this do the trick?

I've included a few photos which will hopefully help. 

Baader clicklock adapter which dots the drawtube of the scope:

IMG20210825114400.thumb.jpg.277a8cde30d47f2c5a03d05fa92ee77f.jpg

Adapter that came with the flattener - too small for the drawtube:

IMG20210825114333.thumb.jpg.76fe13b8e2f0902f20b680d54592ac68.jpg

Flattener adapter - won't attach to the Baader clicklock adapter (too small):

IMG20210825114417.thumb.jpg.24eb240d65c293143e36479aea4bb0f0.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Tom

In your second photo, if you unscrew the Baader ring, and turn the adapter you are holding around, will this not then screw onto the focuser ring, and then the flattener will screw onto the male thread of that? That then looks like the setup I have on an Esprit 150.