The Sky 6

centroid

I am returning to astro imaging after a break of several years, and although I sold all all of my equipment, I kept all of the related software, at least I thought I had 🙄. I used the Sky 6 along with the ASCOM Platform, to control my then NEQ6 mount. I now find that I have all of the Sky 6 program files stored in a Software Bisque folder, except for the pogram .exe file. I can only assume  that remained on the old observatory PC, which was scrapped when I moved out of the hobby. I downloaded the program from Software Bisque, and registered it, but although my account still remains active,  the site only retains recent downloads.

A 'long shot' I know, but does anyone know where perhaps could obtain a copy of the program.

I know that The Sky 6 is long replaced by The Sky X, but as I understand it,  it is now an annual subscription product, and the Sky 6  provided me with all I needed.

Much the same with my photography, I have CS6 and Lightroom, so didn't bother with Creative Cloud.

Edited by centroid
Typo

10 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Never used Software Bisque stuff, but all my mounts work well with Cartes du Ciel. And it's free.

That sounds good to me Dave, thank you. I'll download it and see what it has to offer.

Does it use the ASCOM Platform for mount control ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, whipdry said:

Have sent you a PM with a link to a Dropbox folder.

Peter

Found it ok Peter, but its an update version which when you try to install it, it looks for the original Sky 6 program, which of course isn't there. Worth a try though, so thanks again. I guess I will be using Carte Du Ciel. 🙂

7 minutes ago, centroid said:

Found it ok Peter, but its an update version which when you try to install it, it looks for the original Sky 6 program, which of course isn't there. Worth a try though, so thanks again. I guess I will be using Carte Du Ciel. 🙂

sent you another link that should have a zip of the .exe file required.

16 minutes ago, whipdry said:

sent you another link that should have a zip of the .exe file required.

All downloaded ok Peter, but no joy when trying to install. Windows 'flags up' the message as below. I'll have another go later.

sky.jpg

1 hour ago, whipdry said:

Another link sent... last try!

Peter

No, it still won't have it Peter. Its looking for something that isn't there. Thank you for your efforts, and patience, it is much appreciated. Carte Du Ciel it is 🙂