Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO EAF beeping and not moving

A couple of weeks ago I ordered the ZWO EAF, and once it had arrived I successfully set up on my telescope and all was working well for a few nights. However last night I couldn’t get the ZWO EAF to work. It connects successfully to my computer but every time I try to move it beeps a few times and doesn’t move.

I’ve tried completely disconnecting the EAF from my telescope, using a different USB cable and even tried on a separate computer but still it just beeps and doesn’t move. I get the same result through the ZWO ASISudio software and via the ASCOM interface.

I have looked online but can’t find any information on why its beeping. Therefore I'm thinking it may be a hardware issue. Has anyone else experienced the same issues?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, iwols said:

No i havent have you tried contacting zwo,also try a new setup on a different laptop computer apart from that dont have any suggestions,sorry

Thanks, already tried on a different computer, with a different cable and same outcome. Even tried updating to the latest firmware.

I contacted ZWO support yesterday and they responded with 

Please reset the 0 position and the max steps(60000) and test it in ASIStudio.

I did this and now the focuser is working correctly again 😀

Edited by astrotad
  • Like 2