It will soon be M31 time again

tomato

One of my favourite targets will soon be imageable again from my location so in anticipation I dusted off 150 mins of RASA8/ QHY268c data from last year to see if I have improved my processing skills over the last 10 months or so.  This was processed in Startools 1.7 rather than APP.

This year I am planning a 6 panel mosaic using an Esprit150 with FR and a KAF 8300 for Lum, and a 150 with the QHY268c for RGB. I also want a decent integration time with the RASA/OSC set up so I am hoping for a mid August heatwave.

M31RASA268Best150frames-RGB-session_1-mod-lpc-cbg-NoStStartoolsAP.thumb.jpg.55764c891257f459a759ab67aa968955.jpg

• Like 11

Very nice image. I too am looking forward to imaging M31 again this year. I am traveling to a darker sky (bortle 8 to a bortle 3/4) soon for a week. I imaged it last year from this location but I have upgraded a few things equipment wise and also have improved my processing skills since then. So I am loving forward to comparing the results.

Edited by Chefgage
  • Like 1