NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ZWO ASI224MC help - am I missing something?

Hello, 

Please can you help, recently I've been using my ZWO ASI224MC camera to capture Jupiter & Saturn. I'm getting a little frustrated that everything I've been capturing seems to be coming out in Black & White, & I can't seem to work out how to take shots in colour. 

When I'm looking through the laptop at what the camera is viewing in ASICap the display is in colour but it's not until I view on the laptop what it's captured or in SiriL that I then see it's black & white & this is driving me crazy.😖  I'm sure it's something so silly but I'm not too experienced with this yet. 

Any advice you can give would be appreciated, I can include some screen shots if necessary. 

Thank you.

Damien

The video capture needs to be debayered at the time of processing to bring back the colour. The camera records the video in mono to speed up the framerate but keeps the colour data so that it can be restored later. The video can be restored to full colour through PIPP Planetary Imaging PreProcessor (google.com) or your stacking software.

Thank you both for your replies. 👍

14 hours ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

Alternatively if you record in .ser format you will not need to debayer the video afterwards.

Do I set to record in .ser in ASICap??