NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A History of the World in 100 Objects

Zermelo

Thanks for that, I have a huge backlog of downloaded beeb programs I'm working through, including '100 objects', Natalie Haynes Stands up for the Classics, Inside Science, Material World, Mastertapes  , Ramblings, and others ...

Have you come across the World service production , '13 minutes to the Moon' ? I just finished listening to series 1, an ideal topic for the radio, a documentary on the first Moon landing using not only interviews with NASA folk , but a very good and knowledgeable presenter in Kevin Fong who explains what we hear in the original comm.s ,  and what lay behind what they said.  Fascinating stuff

online listening https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p083t547

or downloadable mp3s https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w13xttx2/episodes/downloads

Series 2 concerns Apollo 13, That's next on my list 🙂

Heather

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiny Clanger said:

Have you come across the World service production , '13 minutes to the Moon' ?

Yes, I listened to that as it came out. I think there was an enforced gap before the last episode because Fong's day job is as a doctor, and he was on the COVID front line. Or perhaps that was the Apollo 13 sequel.  Anyway, I agree, both were really excellent pieces of work. The details of the first series were fascinating, especially the way that the computer error codes played out.  And it was interesting to compare the Apollo 13 series with the film (seen rather too many times).

• Like 1