Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revalation Ritchey-Chrétien or Meade 127?

Hi, Decisions decisions, after having my heart set on a new Meade 127 APO I have recentally seen at Telescope House a Revalation 8" Ritchey-Chrétien at a bargin price, less than fiveteen hundred UK pounds very tempting. But can an RC at this price have good quality optics as RCs of this size usually cost 4 or 5 times the amount. Has anyone any experiance with the Revalation or at the price is it a pig in a poke?

Clear Skies

David

If it's the same optics as the Astro-Tech 8" RC available in the states, then i've heard good reports from someone I know who has tested one out.

Saying that, personally i've learned to try and avoid being the first one to jump in to a new product - I've paid to be a 'beta tester' one too many times :( - so i'd think hard about waiting for more feedback before spending that sort of money

I have had a look at the Astro-Tech, It's the same as the GSO from Telescope Servics as it's an 8"-f9. The Revelation is f10, with a slightly different design of spider support and the specs looks equally impressive.

Either would be used mainly for imaging, I know that they should suit well only difference would be the f stop and focal lengths although as I understand, the RC would have the larger FOV and I could also use a focal reducer. I have read the impressive reviews for the 127 but still, the RC is a tempting unit. Will may be wait untill I can find out more about the RC before I commit my self.

Thanks for the advise

David

Archived