NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Issues with INdI using an EQ8 mount, and EQMOD cable

Stuart1971

Hi all,

So I have a strange issue, now this happens on any INdI set up, Stellarmate, Astroberry or a self built image, it’s the same on all, and with all the latest updates..

My EQ8 mount was used with this EQMOD cable some months ago without issue, then a month or so ago I changed to a shoestring Bluetooth EQMOD adapter, which works well. I wanted to go back to the cable connection and it would not work, I have tried everything and it shows the serial port it’s on, but will not connect.

Its not getting any response from the mount on the serial lines.

Jasem, the INdI author, has tested my set up over teamviewer and says it’s not an INdI issue, and he loaded some software that checked the serial connections and the kit I had connected, that uses USB to serial, all worked except for the mount, it would not respond to any commands…

I have now tried three EQMOD cables and same with them all…

so does anyone think it’s possible to be a mount board issue, when the mount works fine with the handset and the EQMOD Bluetooth adapter, which uses the same pins in the mount port, but won’t work with EQMOD cable, that has worked fine in the last…..🤔🤔

Edited by Stuart1971

• Stuart1971 changed the title to Issues with INdI using an EQ8 mount, and EQMOD cable

Just realised where we've met before in another place! If the bluetooth adaptor is working, then I'd probably be thinking more that it's a cable issue than a mount issue; there is something in the handset, called PC-Direct mode but it's only what I've gleaned off the manual not anything else.

The other thing, have you tried directly connecting the mount via USB and going through checking the connection with different baud rates?  Some of the skywatcher stuff (I know the SA has, connects on 115200) has something like eqdirect built in to it and recognises without using the cable.