Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Small Alt az mount for my ST80 - suggestions.

Telescope40

Hello all. Been mulling over a small alt az mount purely for my Orion ST 80. I have a nice photo tripod already to hand and looking which way to go.  Would like some slo mo controls. Maybe add a RA motor in  the future and work on a budget of say £100 max for now.  More than happy with a bit of 2nd hand kit.   Cant see any use on paying more but someone may show the error of my ways ATM. 

Suggestions very welcome.  

John 

Edited by Telescope40

Not sure you can use an RA motor with an Alt-Az mount!

Tha AZ5 is a lovely stable mount with good slo-mo and will fit on a chunky photo tripod. It's £159 new just now, so might be in-budget if you can find one secondhand.

Here's mine, on a Manfrotto 055:

image.png.ab3fd230b10ffbcd4a61d99f9aa9c451.png

6 minutes ago, Pixies said:

Not sure you can use an RA motor with an Alt-Az mount!

Tha AZ5 is a lovely stable mount with good slo-mo and will fit on a chunky photo tripod. It's £159 new just now, so might be in-budget if you can find one secondhand.

Here's mine, on a Manfrotto 055:

image.png.ab3fd230b10ffbcd4a61d99f9aa9c451.png

Hello @Pixies Er, yes. Motor on an alt AZ not a good plan. What a bozo. Should have been thinking a small EQ mount really!!!  A small EQ would be a better option I guess now you pointed out the error in my OP. 
EQ1/2 should be more than sufficient ??? 
John