Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nexstar 8SE on auction site (not Ebay)

Shimrod

I posted one of these back in march and one of our members got a bargain (and available!) Skywatcher 80ed. The John Pye auction website has a Nexstar 8SE available with 1 day left on bidding and a current bid price of £170. Note that you need to multiply the bid price by 1.44 to allow for VAT and buyer's premium that you will have to pay and while you can bid online, you must be able to collect from the Nottingham sale room. The auction is customer returns and ex-display items, and while it shows a sealed box that would be no guarantee of the state of the telescope. Public viewing was today between 9-12 so you would be buying blind if you bid, and it is an auction so your rights are limited. This could be a bargain or a nightmare if you are prepared to bid, but I would expect this to sell for significantly under retail price given it is a collection only auction so that may offset any replacements or repairs that may be required. I have bought a few smaller items from their online auctions with mixed success.

John Pye Auction

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1