Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another Stellarium question

I'd like to have the view through my finderscope as an "ocular view" in Stellarium, but I can't see how to do it using the parameters that I can set in there.

The other option is to put in the finderscope as Xmm focal length and Ymm eyepiece, does anyone know what these values would be for a skywatcher RACI 6 x30, please?

Hi Capt Slog,

Select Ocular view, then click on the spanner icon.

Select the eyepiece tab & add an "eyepiece" called "6x30 RACI" or similar.

Tick the Binoculars box

Set the AFOV to 7 degrees, the Mag to 6 & the diameter to 30.

That should give the view for your finder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you.  That will be useful.  It was the 'binocular' box I didn't understand the significance of. :)

I like to work in "diameters" to find my way across the sky when looking for faint objects.  So, from starA to starB is, say, half the FOV (diameter) of the RACI, and from starB I know it's 1.5 diameters to left/right/whatever.   I normally have to calibrate by find two stars in the RACI, then seeing how far they are in Stell, then going back to the RACI etc.  This might cut out a step.

• Like 1