NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Effectiveness of the IR PASS FILTER

Example of the effectiveness of the IR PASS FILTER, compared to a simple IR Cut, when situations are critical: low object, turbulence, etc.
Even in normal conditions, on the moon for example, the yield is sometimes noticeable. However, I noticed an inconsistent behavior in the Camera (224) and filter combo .... the rendered image is of different color and quality depending on the case. Which I do not know yet, but sometimes it has a color, sometimes another, sometimes excellent contrast, sometimes not optimal .... they seem to have an influence the seeing, the height of the object above the horizon, its variation in brightness (moon) etc
The shooting and processing conditions are almost similar in both photos, and I remind you that this is the first Imaging on planets of my life. The videos are acquired with Asistudio and processed only with Astrosurface.
Mewlon 180c, ASI 224 With 2X TV,
Left image TS IR Cut.
Right image IR Pass 748

Immagine.png

For me, an IR pass filter (850mm) resulted in a reddish hue with my IMX462MC camera when shooting the Moon (yesterday I posted my first efforts).

It takes some effort to correct the colours afterwards when shooting this way, I haven't yet tried to shoot planets (too low over the horizon).

N.F.