Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC3184

astro mick

Hi.

Located in Ursa Major is a good face on spiral Galaxy NFC3184,but i found it difficult to process due to the very bright stars nearby.

Immaged with my usual set-up.

Consists of 12x600 secs for the Lum.

I took 9x300 secs each for the RGB.

Stretching the Galaxy really effected the stars too much,so left it faint.I did try and copy the background to a new layer,but it did,nt seem to work too well,so i gave up.

I did calibratea as well.

Mick.NGC3184ab.thumb.png.1107d1e0bb59aad65c7a0e8b949382d7.png

• Like 4

Nicely done. I see what you mean regarding the bright stars, my tiny FOV set up for galaxies such as these means I rarely have a bright star in the frame to contend with. I suppose you  could crop them out and see how much further you can stretch it but that would lose the nice wider perspective on the galaxy. 

My own attempt on NGC 3184 was OK with 4 hrs integration but was disproportionately better when I added in a second session of 4 hrs, even though the data was inferior to the first night's imaging.

On 12/04/2021 at 11:00, astro mick said:

Hi.

Located in Ursa Major is a good face on spiral Galaxy NFC3184,but i found it difficult to process due to the very bright stars nearby.

Immaged with my usual set-up.

Consists of 12x600 secs for the Lum.

I took 9x300 secs each for the RGB.

Stretching the Galaxy really effected the stars too much,so left it faint.I did try and copy the background to a new layer,but it did,nt seem to work too well,so i gave up.

I did calibratea as well.

Mick.NGC3184ab.thumb.png.1107d1e0bb59aad65c7a0e8b949382d7.png

Thanks for the comment.I can of like the stars though.

Wow eight hours on one image,bet it was good though.

Mick.