Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sharpcap Sensor Analysis - results for astro-modded EOS1000D?

BrendanC

Hi all,

I've tried to use the Sharpcap Sensor Analysis several times, but it always says the image is too bright or too dark about midway through and stops.

I was wondering whether anyone else has got it to work with an astro-modded EOS1000D (IR filter removed) and if so, whether they could share the results?

I know it's a very, very, very long shot but it's always worth asking!

Thanks, Brendan

Edited by BrendanC

• BrendanC changed the title to Sharpcap Sensor Analysis - results for astro-modded EOS1000D?

Oops, sorry, should have included it before!

Here you go: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/657429-how-to-use-sharpcap-with-a-dslr/

As those instructions say, the camera will just keep taking shots once connected. I think that's how it's supposed to work. When I first tried it, I assumed it wasn't working and uninstalled it. Then I gave it another go and found it works wonderfully well with Sharpcap Pro's own Polar Alignment tool, which then immediately became a game-changer for me. It should be ok with Canons but it's a bit hit-and-miss. Fingers crossed it works for you. If it doesn't seem right at first give it another few goes. Good luck!

• Thanks 1